Safety and rules
The purpose of the regulations is to protect the valuable nature in the national park.
Even if you are going on trails, it is good to have a mountain map and compass or GPS device. But don’t forget extra batteries. There is mobile phone coverage on the mountain, but it often can be weak and not reach the entire area. Usually the connection is better if you try calling from the top of a hill.
Beware that the weather changes rapidly. You will find the latest forecast in naturum or check out smhi.se or yr.no.
In Fulufjället National Park you are permitted to:
- fish, but only with handheld tackle in waters within zone III, provided that you have purchased a fishing licence
Fishing is not allowed 1 September - 31 December, except for 8 days when the ice settles.
- operate a snowmobile on snow-covered ground on marked trails and on Stora Rörsjö ice that is the closest route from the snowmobile trail to the fishing places
- engage in ice climbing from December 1 until March 3
- pitch a tent within zone IV, but only from December 1 to March 31 on designated sites
- build a fire on specially designated fireplaces
- bring along a dog on a leash. Owners of hunting rights may, however, use unleashed dogs for hunting or hunt training during the hunting season
but not to:
- climb rocks
- set up notice boards, signs or other markings in nature
- break off branches, cut down or in any other way damage living or dead trees and shrubs
- dig up plants or gather mosses, lichens or wood fungi
- spend time in trees with nests or on rock faces with nesting birds of prey, gather insects or in any other way disturb or damage wildlife
- use ice augers powered by internal combustion engines
- ride horses or bicycles anywhere except on existing roads.