Safety and rules
The purpose of the national park is to preserve a unique river landscape with its surrounding valuable forests and wetlands in essentially untouched condition.
Within the national park, there are certain rules:
- You can fish if you have a valid fishing licence.
- Certain areas are out of bounds between 1 January and 31 July. Respect any signs.
- Motor traffic, riding and cycling are only permitted on roads.
- Camping is only permitted in designated places.
- You must not pick, gather or dig up plants. However, you may pick berries and edible mushrooms for your own use.
- You must not light a fire anywhere except at designated campfire areas. However, you may use camping stoves and barbecues.
- You must not break branches, cut down trees or otherwise harm living or dead trees or bushes.
- You must not operate a motor boat or other motorised craft at a speed in excess of 7 knots, except in areas where a 12 or 20 knot limit applies.
- You must not use water skis or similar equipment with motor boats.
- You must not bring dogs off their leads into the national park.