Spending the night in or near the park
In the national park there are five basic rest hostels where you may spend one night (as long as space permits).
About the activity
These rest hostels are always open and cannot be reserved. The cabins are very basic, and you can stay there without charge.
Windbreaks and tent sites
There are 27 windbreaks in which you also can spend the night. Pitching a tent is allowed at the four tent sites indicated on our map.
Rent lodging close to the park
It is also possible to rent lodging close to the national park:
- PRO Folk High School (rooms as long as space permits)
- Gysinge Hostel (rooms)
- Schwedenpause (camping in Österfärnebo)
- Östa Camping (cabin, sites for tents, caravans, motorhomes)
- Hedesunda Camping (cabin, sites for tents, caravans, motorhomes)
- Hovnäs Bystuga (community house)
There are two cabins that you can book by the week.
The cabins lack mattresses. We recommend that each person bring along a ground sheet and sleeping bag.