Safety and rules
The purpose of the regulations is to protect the valuable nature in the national park.
Therefore, you may not:
- Pitch a tent in the national park anywhere except on designated campsites (by the tourist station, Nissonjohka and the Abiskojaure cabins)
- Make a fire, except on designated places. Grills are not allowed, but outdoor stoves are permitted.
- Gather or dig up plants; destroy or damage natural objects or the ground
- Damage dead or living trees
- Kill or capture fauna in the national park
- Take away eggs or nests
- Land with aircraft (including drones) or operate a motor vehicle outside designated roads and snowmobile trails
- Visit the bird sanctuary in the Ábeskoeatnus delta area from May 1 to July 31; there is no admittance then
- Disturb grazing reindeer or the work of people handling the reindeer
But it is okay to:
- Gather edible mushrooms and berries
- Bring dogs into the park from January 1 until April 30 if they are on a leash. Throughout the year you are allowed to have leashed dogs on roads and marked trails as well as in the immediate vicinity of the tourist station and Ábeskojávri cabins.
- Travel by motorboat on Torneträsk lake